The data controller is: ShareBike AS, Vollsveien 13C, 1366 Lysaker, Norway (“We” or “Our”, as applicable).
We reserve the right to revise or amend this policy at any time to reflect changes to Our business or changes in the law. Where these changes are significant, We will endeavour to let you know.
Please note this service is not directed at children under the age of 18 and We do not knowingly collect personal data about children.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
While using Our Service, We will ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You.
Legal basis for processing Personal Data
We rely on performance of a contract, consent and legitimate interests as the bases for processing your Personal Data. Where we rely on consent, we shall ensure this consent is fully informed.
How do we use Your Personal Data?
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, payments, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
What Personal Data, do We collect?
- User profile data: We collect the following personal information about you: name and contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address),), account and order history, geo-location data related to the use of the bike, payment information, information about the use of our website and app, and information about your communication with us
- Rental data: When you create a user profile and rent a bike from an Operator, You enter into an agreement with the Operator. We are suppliers to the Operator and Your Personal Data is shared with Us in order to fulfil the agreement, We must know who You are. We also need your contact information to send you information about and related to the rental. To manage and operate the service, We also need information about where the bike is located, which We get through GPS tracking of the bike. We can also use such geo-location data when troubleshooting equipment and in connection with the implementation of the rental. To charge for the service, We need your Payment information.
- Information collected while using the Application: While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect: information regarding your location and pictures and other information from your Device's camera and photo library related to the condition of the bike before and after the rental and where damage has been reported. The information may be uploaded to the Company's servers and/or a Service Provider's server or it may be simply stored on Your device. You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings – however, disabling them may limit the functionality of the Application and features may not work as intended.
- Usage data: Usage Data is collected automatically and may include information such as Your trip details,
- Technical data: We shall collect your Device's internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, browser type or OS, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to perform payments and to contact You.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners and Operators to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may process Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
- Law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, We may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Other legal requirements: We may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend Our rights, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public or protect Ourselves against legal liability
- Right of access and right to data portability. You have the right to obtain information about what personal data we process about you. As a customer, you have created a user profile with us and can log in to the app to see what information we have stored about you. You also have the right to download the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it elsewhere. You can get an overview by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to correction and deletion. You may request that we correct information that is incorrect. You may also request that your user profile be deleted. We shall delete profiles when we are able to do so, and where we are unable to do so, we will explain why we need to continue processing your personal data.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted, for example if you believe the processing does not comply with applicable laws and regulations, or that the information is wrong.
- Right to withdraw consent. Not all personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. However, it is easy to withdraw any or part of the consent you have granted for the processing of your personal data. Send an email to email@example.com bike to change your consents.
- Right to objection. You have the right to object to our processing of your information.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Special Category Data
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data. Nor do we collect any third-party information about criminal convictions and offences.
Links to Other Websites/Services
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: www.sharebike.com
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by Us and downloaded by You on any electronic device,
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to ShareBike AS, Vollsveien 13C, 1366 Lysaker, Norway.
- Country refers to: the country in which you are located and using the Service
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Operator means any third party operator that operates the sites or cities with rental bikes that is accessible via this app.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the provision of the Application and the functionality thereto.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.