When renting Farte Bysykkel, we process personal data about you. Here you will receive information about what personal data is collected, for what purposes it is used and about your rights related to the processing of personal data.
Vestfold and Telemark county council (org. no.: 821227062), (hereinafter referred to as VTFK) is responsible for the processing of personal data that is stored and processed in connection with the Farte Bysykkel scheme.
Our contact information is:
Address: PO Box 2844, 3702 Skien
Telephone: 33 74 00 73
Vestfold and Telemark County Council has entered into an agreement with IKA Kongsberg on an external data protection representative who works to ensure that data protection is safeguarded in a good way for residents and employees.
If you have any questions about our processing of your personal data or about your rights under data protection legislation, you can contact our external data protection officer by e-mail:
Farte Bysykkel aims to give customers the opportunity to rent city bikes through the Farte Bysykkel app.
The purpose of the processing of data in various parts of the solution is to ensure that you, as a customer, get access to city bikes when you need it, to ensure that the solution cannot be misused, that sufficient data is recorded about the users so that the users can be contacted in the event of damage, default or theft, as well as ensuring sufficient statistics on use to develop and improve the service.
We process this
When renting a city bike through the Farte Bysykkel app, the following information about you is processed:
- Telephone number
- Rental history
- Positional data related to use of the bicycle
- Information about your contact with us
In order to be able to pay for the city bike service with a bank card, a payment intermediary is used. Stripe is the supplier for the payment solution, and detailed information about bank cards is only stored with Stripe.
What personal data we process, purpose and basis for the processing
The basis for the processing of the information mentioned above is to be able to deliver the services to you and to operate the services in the best possible way, including identifying you as a user, giving you access to bicycles and to give you notifications about usage time and communication in the app.
- In order to be able to fulfill the agreement with you and give you access to the city bike service, we need information about who you are and this is verified by checking your telephone number.
- In order to manage the customer relationship, we need to process your personal data registered when you created your user profile with us, including, among other things, to be able to respond to inquiries from you as a customer via our channels. We also need to be able to check your activity in the Farte Bysykkel app in order to be able to respond to inquiries about these services, for example when troubleshooting.
- Your position is processed for the following purposes:
- You must provide location access in the Farte City Bike app in order to unlock a city bike. The phone's location is processed when the app is active, in order to determine whether you are near a parking zone. Location data from your mobile is not stored in our systems.
- In order to manage and operate the service, we need information about where the bicycle is located, which we obtain through GPS tracking of the bicycle. We can also use such location data to troubleshoot equipment and in connection with the execution of the rental relationship.
- The phone and the bike's position are used to give you information about how far you are from a specific city bike.
- VTFK also processes personal data such as the phone's location in order to be able to respond to requests you make from the app about travel searches. This is used e.g. to show the way you have to go to get to the bike or a parking zone.
- In addition to the purposes described above, the following are processed:
- The phone's position during a trip, which is used to give you a trip history on a map, better positioning when you have to end a trip in a station, as well as a grouped overview of where other users cycle.
- Postcode, which is used to analyze residential distribution for users, compared to where and when they cycle.
- E-mail with information about the service if you have consented to this, e.g. changes to the service, operational announcements, opening of new parking zones and guidance and tips for use.
- User data is processed in order to comply with legal obligations to which VTFK is subject or orders from public authorities, including requirements for bookkeeping.
- Personal data is processed in order to safeguard VTFK's rights, including to establish, enforce or defend a legal claim in connection with lost or damaged city bicycles, or to safeguard VTFK's legitimate interests, such as warnings and exclusions in the case of late delivery of bicycles or other rights that VTFK has according to the agreement with you.
- Trip history/sales documentation contained in your purchase is only retrieved as personal data when it is initiated by the registered person, for example in the event of a complaint or other inquiries that make it necessary to look more closely at all the fees related to a specific purchase.
Access to personal data
Personal data that is processed will only be available to authorized personnel with service-based customer-oriented needs at the Data Controller and defined data processors with an agreement. All lookups/views that are carried out will be logged with the time and who made the lookup
The legal basis for using your information mentioned above is that it is necessary to fulfill the agreement with you about the use of city bikes (cf. GDPR Art. 6.1 letter b). To be able to use the service, user terms must be approved, and a valid telephone number must be registered in the app for Farte Bysykkel to verify the user's identity.
For processing information related to follow-up of damage cases, theft etc. and statistics on the use of the services is the processing basis that this is necessary for purposes related to the legitimate interests Vestfold and Telemark County, which are responsible for the offer, pursue by operating and improving the service (GDPR Art. 6.1 letter f).
Access to information about you is limited. You have the right to access and correct, data portability and deletion of information stored about you. Inquiries regarding your rights are directed to VTFK. Read more about your rights at farte.no under privacy.
We do not resell personal data to third parties.
Storage and deletion
VFTK is dependent on having certain information about the user as a customer in order to be able to offer a city bike service, and the consequence of not providing such information is that VFTK cannot deliver city bike services to the user.
How long is the information stored?:
- We do not store your personal data longer than necessary. This means, for example, that personal data that we process on the basis of your consent will be deleted if you withdraw your consent.
- Personal data we process to fulfill an agreement with you is deleted when the agreement has been fulfilled and all obligations arising from the contractual relationship have been fulfilled. For example, profile data is retained as long as you are an active customer with us and is deleted after 3 years of inactivity. Order history is deleted 3 years after the last purchase (rental), but bookkeeping information is kept for 5 years after the Bookkeeping Act's deadlines.
- Information about position history is anonymised, normally after three months, when there is no longer a need for full history.
You can delete your user profile at any time. You can do this via the "delete user" function in the app, or by contacting our customer center for assistance.
If you delete your user profile, all associated data and history will be deleted from the system's servers within 30 days at the latest.
You cannot rent a city bike without an active user profile. It is not possible to delete a user profile during an ongoing rental.
In cases where there are unresolved matters relating to your customer relationship, such as unpaid payment claims or the like, it will not be possible to delete the user profile until the matter has been resolved. Furthermore, VTFK reserves the right to continue storing your personal data in cases where it is necessary to
- establish, enforce or defend a legal claim, including to protect Vestfold and Telemark's interests in a dispute with you about e.g. lost or damaged bicycle.
- fulfill statutory requirements, including requirements for continued storage according to accounting legislation.