Terms for use of Øysyklær
The terms apply from 01.04.2021. We reserve the right to make changes.
Øysyklær is a bicycle rental service offered by Hvaler kommune. ShareBike AS provides the service.
To use the bikes, you must have registered via the ShareBike app, accept the terms below, and have registered with a valid telephone number and correct name / address.
You are responsible for the bike you borrow and your surroundings. The bikes are GPS tracked. The bike must be returned to the same station where you picked it up. For the first two hours, you use the bike for free, and then you pay NOK 20 per hour until it is returned. If the bike is not returned to a station or incorrectly parked, a collection fee of NOK 200 added.
I hereby enter into the following lease agreement with Øysyklær:
- I'm over 18 years old.
- By entering into this agreement, I understand that you have no right of withdrawal and agree that the agreement is fulfilled.
- I understand that I am personally responsible for the bike when I rent it until it is returned and I have received a receipt. If I permit other persons use of my rented bike, I understand that I myself am responsible for it being returned and treated nicely, that those who borrow it are over 18 years old - and for accrued rental costs. In case of suspicion of misuse or theft of my identity or telephone, I am obliged to report this immediately.
- I am responsible for entering and updating the correct information via this app related to my registration.
- I will always cycle carefully and follow the traffic rules, and understand that I am personally responsible if I injure myself or others when using the system. If I find that a bicycle not is in proper condition, I understand that I will not use it - and report this, then the bicycle can be repaired. Therefore, I am obliged to inspect the bike myself before I rent it.
- For loans, I accept that any rental amount is deducted from my bankcard. If there is no coverage on the account, I accept that Øysyklær can take from the deposit without my consent. I understand that prices can change and where I find them.
- If I abuse the scheme or break the rules, I understand that I may be excluded from the scheme and that the remaining amount in my account or deposit will not be refunded.
- After each rental, I am obliged to return the bike to the same station where it was picked up and make sure it is locked. My loan lasts until I receive a receipt for return, and I am responsible for seeing that I have received a receipt when I finish the loan. My receipts are stored in the app.
- If the bicycle is stolen while I borrow it, I am liable for damages, and must report the theft to the police. A copy of the review is delivered to Øysyklær. A borrowed bicycle that is lost while I am responsible for it, will be invoiced to me with up to NOK 3,500, - depending on what has happened.
- It is not permitted to resell the service.
- 25% VAT is included in all prices quoted for the service.
- For subscribing, the following conditions apply with regard to the storage and processing of personal data that can be linked to me as an individual:
- Storage of data when subscribing is subject to the rules in the Personal Data Act.
The responsible for processing and the contracting party is Øysyklær v / Hvaler kommune. Org. no. 964 947 082 - Storveien 32, 1680 Skjærhalden
- Pursuant to the Personal Data Act, I have a right to information about which information about me is registered and which is processed, as well as a right to correct and/or delete incorrect information. I also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, but understand that my personal information must be stored as long as the subscription relationship can be seen by the landlord or until full settlement of the outstanding has taken place.
- Data stored will not be shared with anyone other than those who manage and perform services related to Øysyklær so that the system can be kept in operation. Card information is stored with our payment partner and all data about me is either encrypted or secured so that it is not available to others who are not connected to the service.
All this I confirm to have read and understood.