Last change 2.5.2021
Term & Conditions Lillehammer Bysykkel
These terms and conditions constitute the agreement between Lillehammer Bysykkel and you.
- Create customer account and purchases
- You register as a customer of Lillehammer Bysykkel services.
- You can not share your user profile with others.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- Prices for use of the service can be found here.
- Use of the bicycle
- Trip length. You can rent for as long as you want.
- Your responsibility. You are responsible for the bike from the time you pick it up in a bike station until you have returned it to a bike station. Do not leave the bike to others. You are responsible if you injure yourself or others while using the bicycle.
- You must show consideration for other people on the road and comply with traffic rules.
- Defect or damaged bike. The bikes are put out in good condition and continuously inspected and repaired. However, you may find a defect bike in the bike station. You are therefore responsible for checking that the bike is in good condition before it is used. Brakes must be checked immediately after being picked from the bike station.
- Notification of defect or damaged bike. You must immediately report via the app if you discover major damage or defects on the bike. If you have reported a defect bicycle and put it back in the bike station within 5 minutes of taking it out, you will be refunded the price.
- Locking the bike. If you leave the bike during the rental period, e.g. if you are going to the store or visiting a tourist attraction, you need to make sure that it is securely locked with the integrated locking function.
- Lost bike. You must immediately report in the app if the bike is lost. If the bike is not properly locked when you leave it, you are liable for damages if the bike is lost.
- End the trip
- Ending the rental period. At the end of the rental period, you must return the bike to one of Lillehammer Bysykkel. The rental period ends when the bike is placed in the station. correctly. You will receive confirmation in the app that the bike has been delivered and the rental period has ended.
- Problems with termination. If you have problems terminating the rental in the way mentioned above, you must immediately notify Lillehammer Bysykkel via the app.
- Confirmation of the rental. If you have not terminated the rental correctly within 12 hours from the start of the rental period, Lillehammer Bysykkel can contact you at any time to check if you still want further to continue the rental.
- Lillehammer Bysykkel termination of the rental. Lillehammer Bysykkel may terminate the rental period at any time, if we have reason to believe that you no longer wish to rent even though the tenancy has not been terminated correctly, or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you do not take sufficient care of the bike. In such cases, Lillehammer Bysykkel may charge you a fee of up to NOK 2,500 if the bicycle must be picked up at a place other than Lillehammer Bysykkel station.
- Liability, etc.
- If you lose or damage the bike, or it is stolen from you, because you have not complied with one of the terms above, Lillehammer Bysykkel can hold you liable for damages, limited upwards to the bike's purchase price.
- Lillehammer Bysykkel is not responsible for personal and property damage that occurs due to a defective or damaged bicycle that you use if you should have discovered the damage at the start of the rental period. The same applies if you continue to use the bicycle after a defect or damage has occurred during the rental period.
- You accept that all bicycles are equipped with GPS tracking and that such tracking is a condition for using Lillehammer Bysykkel.
- Lillehammer Bysykkel collects, stores and processes various personal information about you. Lillehammer Bysykkel is responsible for processing this information. The details regarding current information can be found in Lillehammer Bysykkel Privacy Statement.
- You have the right to complain about Lillehammer Bysykkel processing of your information to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
- Lillehammer Bysykkel uses services from subcontractors to provide a bicycle rental system. These companies may access and process personal data, but only to the extent necessary for the performance of their service.
- You have the opportunity to access, correct, and delete the personal information that Lillehammer Bysykkel has about you in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Act. You also have the opportunity to have the personal information handed over to yourself or to a data controller of your choice.
- Force Majeure
- Lillehammer Bysykkel cannot be held liable if the following circumstances prevent the bicycle service from being adequately delivered: Labor disputes, computer attacks, unplanned downtime on computer systems, destruction of infrastructure, theft, extreme weather, fire, war, natural disasters, terror and epidemics.